Every vote counts and every vote matters!
Voting is one of our most sacred duties as citizens. If you’re eligible to vote please do. If you have any questions about how to do so please let our campaign know and we’re happy to help you out. Below is some of the guidance on voting however.
Please feel free to check out the Maryland Board of Elections
How to Vote:
Primary Election: June 26, 2018 (7 AM – 8 PM)
- Primary early voting starts June 21, 2018
General Election Day: November 6, 2018 (7 AM – 8 PM)
- General early voting starts November 1, 2018
Requirements to register to vote in Frederick County:
- United States Citizen
- Frederick County Resident
- 16 years of age or older (you cannot vote until you are least 18 years of age by next general or special election)
- Not disqualified as outlined by Maryland State law
To register you will need to complete and send in a Voter Registration Form and return it to the state Board of Elections office. There are a few ways you can get a form.
- Visit Maryland’s Online Voter Registration System and apply online.
- Call 301-600-VOTE (8683) to request an application be mailed to you;
- Download an application from the Maryland State Board of Elections website:
- Applications can be picked up at county libraries, Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA), Post Offices, public high schools, Frederick Community College, the County Courthouse or the Board of Elections office: 355 Montevue Lane, Suite 101, Frederick, Maryland 21702
Interested in becoming a Republican?
Our party system in Maryland operates through a closed primary system. This means that if you want to vote in primaries, you’ll need to be part of a political party. A Republican can’t vote in a Democrat primary or visa versa. We welcome all supporters from all affiliations. If you would like to change your party affiliation, you may request a change of registration form.
Want more information about the 2018 state-wide elections?
Check out the state elections page!
Now go out and vote!